My spirit is willing...

Today was one of those days. Honestly it has been "one of those weeks" too. I am stressed out and that lends to frustration/anger happening too quickly with my darling 2 year old (and all she is doing is being 2!)

She isn't trying to drive me crazy by climbing allover me at my desk while I attempt to send one last email for work. But sometimes it is all I can do to keep my sanity, remove her from me, and hit the send button. I know I use tones that are unkind and I am sure many times it wounds her little heart. When did I become the mommy that lost her cool so quickly?

I shared my feelings of failure this week with a mentor mom and she reminded me that I am not alone in this. She also encouraged me with two sets of scriptures (see below).

Let me pass on the encouragement to you! If you find that your fuse is short today or this week or even this month please know you are not alone! Yes, we are to train up our children in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it (Prov 22:6) but I think some of the best training we can give is admitting when we are wrong, asking their forgiveness (even if it is multiple times a day) and letting them see us go to our Savior in desperation to get through the day. How else will they learn how to handle the difficult, you-are-driving-me-bonkers kind of days?

I am sure my H will have lots of tales she will be able to tell about how I messed up throughout her life but hopefully, prayerfully, she will be able to share how in my weakness Christ's power became my strength (2 Cor 12:9). How, from as early as she can remember, she recalls me asking for her forgiveness when I was unkind and hearing me pray to my Lord for help to be the kind of mommy she deserves.

I pray that as she grows I can be an example she can follow both in glorifying God through successes and falling at His feet in failures.

I am praying for you in this moment that God will lift you up in your struggles.

From my mentor mom:
"I love Thee, o Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer. My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge. My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised. And I am saved from my enemies." Proverbs 18:1-3

"For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, do not fear, I will help you" Isaiah 41:13

With a Thankful Heart,
Amy

Comments

Popular Posts