Buckled in His Protection

Yesterday, as I was driving my Bug down to her grandparents house I had one of those moments.  The kind where God reaches into the mundane everyday living and gives me a glimpse of something more.  My sweet girl was safely buckled in her car seat in the back.  We have the kind with all the bells and whistles.  She was "reading" a book and singing songs.  What she didn't realize is that I was on a major highway, driving at a high speed with others around me driving just as fast or faster and not doing the best job of it.  She had no idea.  She was carefully and purposefully protected.  I put her in the car seat because I want the best for her in life.  Yes, she would rather have the freedom to move around the car at will and jump on the seats and reach for her drink and not have to stay in one position.  However, she cannot do those things because my protection of her limits her.  It also keeps her from pulling open a door or leaning out a window while I am driving on a highway.  Yes, there are times when she cries because she has to be buckled.  There are times when she fights me over it and there are times when it is even uncomfortable.  But in all of those times, it is still the best for her.

I point all of that out to say this.  I felt like God touched my heart and I understood a little more about how He works.  I looked at my daughter.  Blissfully unaware of the danger to her right and left and behind her and in front of her.  In this moment she was protected by my care, my decision for her and my presence.  My Heavenly Father feels the same way about me. Yes, there are times when He puts me someplace I would rather not be and it may be uncomfortable, but it is for a purpose.  He is bringing me to the next place in my journey.  There are times when the place God puts me actually limits me.  Could it be that it is for my protection and growth?  How many things do I not encounter because of His love and protection of me?

I had to stop and just thank God.  Yes, in this world we will have trouble, but I can truly take heart because He has overcome the world (John 16:33).  His love never fails (1 Cor 13:8).  The more I learn about how the rest of this world lives, the more I realize the blessing, protection and responsibility I have in my life.

Let today be the day that you stop and take the time to say Thank You to God.  Even in the midst of the discomfort and difficulty, there is a purpose and it is for His Glory and your good.  Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts